Mark Bowie is a professional nature photographer, writer, teacher, and much sought-after public speaker. He’s a staff instructor for the Adirondack Photography Institute, a specialist on night photography, and he leads photography workshops and seminars for camera clubs.
Innovative Night Image Processing
This new presentation features live demonstrations on the latest techniques for processing night images in Lightroom and Photoshop CC, Starry Landscape Stacker, StarStax and more. It will also cover time-lapse processing with LRTimelapse. I'll discuss the field techniques required to generate the images to be combined in post-production, then I’ll demonstrate how to:
• Blend separate exposures for detail in both the night sky and the landscape, using layer and luminosity masking, and by creating high dynamic range images.
• Blend multiple exposures to reduce noise via several techniques
• Expand depth of field through focus stacking
• Merge multiple exposures to create star trails and circles, panoramas encompassing the star-filled heavens and the arch of the Milky Way, and timed intervals of the moon
• Merge separate images of lighthouse beams to create one with beams radiating out in several different directions
• Combine multiple meteors of a shower into one frame
• Capture colorful nebulae
• Create incredible time-lapse movies of the stars and planets arcing across the heavens.
Learn to capture the mystery and wonder of the celestial heavens and elevate your night imagery to the extraordinary.