• Ethan grew up near Point Pelee National Park in southern Ontario. His mom let him skip school to watch birds.
• Completed a degree in Environmental Studies at Trent University when he wasn’t birding, photographing or drinking (often at the same time).
• Was given a hand-me-down camera for his 19th birthday and became addicted to bird photography.
• Built a career as a nature guide and tourism specialist in national parks.
• Taught himself photography and began as a pro about 15 years ago.
• Has been published by National Geographic, Canadian Geographic, Ranger Rick, Lonely Planet, Forbes, Popular Photography and many more.
• Writes the humour column and bird photography column in each issue of Outdoor Photography Canada magazine.
• Ethan lives on Georgian Bay near Awenda Provincial Park. When he’s not exploring Ontario, he loves to travel to places with high biodiversity and natural scenery.
• Has been known to sustain himself on Oreos, red wine and chicken wings for weeks.
• Follow Ethan’s adventures on Facebook, Twitter or his blog.